- organizing it into the sections,
- providing a series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented by Echoes-AI, and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and brevity.
When we refer to "Echoes-AI", we mean the Echoes-AI entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the "Identifying the Data Controller and Processor" section below.
Information We Collect and Receive
Echoes-AI may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data ("Other Information") in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to an Echoes-AI Workspace by a Customer ("Authorized Users") routinely submit Customer Data to Echoes-AI when using the Services.
- Other Information. Echoes-AI also collects, generates, and/or receives Other Information:
- Echoes-AI Workspace and Account Information. To create or update an Echoes-AI account or an account within another Echoes-AI Workspace, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Echoes-AI with an email address, phone number, password, domain, and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Echoes-AI (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and/or a billing address.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Echoes-AI logs the Echoes-AI Workspaces, channels, rooms, groups, people, features, content, and links you interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Device information. Echoes-AI collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, and unique device identifiers. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer, and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Echoes-AI may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for their Echoes-AI Workspace. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Echoes-AI. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Echoes-AI. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Echoes-AI is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Echoes-AI in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your Echoes-AI Workspace, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) may be collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. Echoes-AI may receive data about organizations, industries, Websites visitors, marketing campaigns, and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to legal entities, zip codes, or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Echoes-AI. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity, or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Echoes-AI.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information"). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Echoes-AI Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Echoes-AI in accordance with Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Echoes-AI is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to an Echoes-AI Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share, and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Echoes-AI uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites, and business. More specifically, Echoes-AI uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User's request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning, and productivity tools and additional features. Echoes-AI tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Echoes-AI Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels, or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical, and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Echoes-AI. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management, and other administrative matters. Echoes-AI may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how Echoes-AI may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Echoes-AI does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Echoes-AI will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer's use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services. When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Echoes-AI Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User's email address may be displayed with their Echoes-AI Workspace profile.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Echoes-AI Workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services.
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Echoes-AI may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Echoes-AI and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. Echoes-AI may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents, and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Echoes-AI's Business. If Echoes-AI engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Echoes-AI's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Echoes-AI customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Echoes-AI Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Echoes-AI or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Echoes-AI may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Echoes-AI takes security of data very seriously. Echoes-AI works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services, please see our Security Statement. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Echoes-AI cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Echoes-AI does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Identifying the Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Echoes-AI is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Echoes-AI Inc., a US company based in New York, NY is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use Echoes-AI Workspaces established for Customers worldwide.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete, or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact Customer for additional access and assistance. Please check your Echoes-AI Workspace(s) for Customer contact information.
To the extent that Echoes-AI's processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Echoes-AI relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Echoes-AI may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Echoes-AI's use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Echoes-AI's use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your local supervisory authority.
Effective: May 1, 2019
No last updated yet, we'll do that when we change something.